Carbon Safety

Carbon Monoxide Kills!

Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. Annually, in the UK, 200 people needlessly die or become seriously ill due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to, and are sometimes confused with, the flu.

Carbon Monoxide symptoms include:

  • Severe Headaches
  • Chest or Stomach Pains
  • Drowsiness
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • General Lethargy

Capping off a chimney with the wrong terminal can cause carbon monoxide poisoning. The terminals below are unsuitable for chimneys that have working gas, oil or solid fuel fires or boilers, as they slow down the fumes trying to escape the chimney, and could cause smoke and carbon monoxide to enter occupied rooms.

Invicta Chimneys can remove these offending caps, and refit with a quality, correctly designed and fitted cowl.